Do you want to make a difference in healthcare? If you are a human resource specialist who thrives in a fast-paced environment and are ambitious, then join us. You will gain a unique professional experience helping our team leave a positive legacy of meaningful change in health with some of the world's leading companies and organizations invested in solving today's complex health issues. You will work with a dynamic team of experts who you will learn from, at a great place to work and in vibrant offices in the Flatiron District of NYC.
The role is responsible for administration of human resources for the US Region at Health Unlimited. Our experience and delivery have earned us highly rated client relationships, industry awards and a reputation for quality and value. We seek someone who shares our commitment, is a collaborator and can be an active contributor to the continued evolution and growth of our global health consultancy and communications agency.
WHO WE ARE
Health Unlimited is a global health consultancy and communications agency built by specialists with a 25-year legacy of addressing complex and challenging health conditions. We have been at the forefront with clients advancing landmark developments in global health, HIV/AIDS, cancer, addiction, rare diseases, infectious diseases and vaccine preventable diseases. Health Unlimited drives results for diverse group of companies and organizations invested in solving complex health challenges. Clients include pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, government agencies, medical societies, advocacy organizations and consumer health companies throughout the world.
The individual will be working with a broad range of clients and projects.
Company-wide Recruiting Manager
· Lead in new employee hiring/recruiting process by working with leadership team to develop job descriptions and advertisements, screening and interviewing candidates and keeping track/files of all candidates.
· Maintain the organizational chart by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions as needed.
· Key interface to administer life/health insurance policies, /LTD, Workers Compensation cases;
· Lead contact for ADP benefits platform, including all enrollments/renewals for medical, dental, flex and corporate insurance, 401(k) and pension plan under direction of finance director;
· Process/manage HR changes for bi-weekly payroll, benefit/life event changes/enrollments, 401K contributions.
Staff Training Coordination
· Develop and lead new employee orientation;
· Coordinate professional development trainings, including internal staff trainings, brown bag lunches, office-wide computer trainings/briefings and mandatory unconscious bias trainings to educate our employees;
· Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of human resource management.
· Lead centralized management of human resource activities, including employee goals and self-evaluation, personnel issues, and annual review calendar/reports;
· Compile all necessary new hire/termination paperwork, including network login, database login, timesheet login, on-line training login, phone extension established/terminated
· Set up of new employee's computers, email accounts, phones, desks, supplies, etc.;
· Serve as a resource for all team members by being available and accessible to discuss all human resources related issues;
· Collaborate with others to research, coordinate and lead all company-wide events.
· Work collaboratively with others throughout the organization to inspire and motivate actions that deliver measurable progress on Unlimited Group's commitments to Diversity & Inclusion;
· Assist director of Finance and Operations on resource planning administration for new finance tracking system, Workbook;
· Develop and maintain relationship with 3rd party IT provider to facilitate resolution of escalated/time-sensitive IT issues;
· Fire Life Safety coordinator for the office space.
Policies and Procedures Documentation
· Collaborate with others in the design and implementation of office policies and procedures; update office policies and procedures to make sure that they are applicable and current; ensures office policies and procedures are being adhered to;
· Maintain and continuously update employee handbook; ensure distribution to new employees and updates to all when revised;
· Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements.
Personnel files and Associated Administrative Duties
· Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records;
· Lead effort to create electronic employee file system;
· Ensure security and confidentiality of data;
· Process/maintain all personnel documentation including tax s, contracts, insurance paperwork, COBRA, etc.;
· Manage and update records for all employee leave (paid/flex/bereavement) and distribute up-to-date records to all employees on a quarterly basis;
· Track individual employee paid leave balances are up to date for each employee in ADP TotalSource system and consistent with time sheet submissions;
· Control and distribute company-wide daily and holiday calendars;
· Maintain strict confidentiality of all employee records, corporate, storage, and HR related information
· Ensure records retention policy is maintained and current; facilitate and enforce record retention policy
· Organize and develop electronic and hard copy filing systems of client work, in consultation with appropriate account team members, to ensure easy access to account work information.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· 7+ years' experience in HR or related field, preferably in communications agency setting
· Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related discipline
· A track record of strong results, problem-solving, and accountability
· Ability to see the "big picture" and strong attention to detail
· A logical thinker and problem solver
· Proven ability to deliver high quality work and client services standards
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects hitting those deadlines every time
· First rate communicator - sociable and personable
· Proactive, takes the initiative to get things done
· Highly organized with a logical approach to challenges
· Work well under pressure with strong attention to detail and consistency
This NYC-based role reports into the director of Finance and Operations; working closely with the Executive team.