Leading trade association seeks passionate and driven intern.
Are you a big thinker? Are you passionate about PR and communications? The PR Council (PRC) is focused on expanding the boundaries of what we offer our Members – and we’re looking for candidates with the creative daring and digital savvy to join that effort.
From creative ideation to execution, our intern will form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, multi-faceted programs.
- Thinking: Do it out of the box. Actually, it’s best if you’re wholly unfamiliar with the concept of boxes.
- Digital: Know all the relevant platforms, what companies and groups are doing on them and what they should do next.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly.
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires & multi-task multiple projects. Work fast but work well.
- Interpersonal: Ability to work seamlessly in a team atmosphere, as well as independently.
- Technical: Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Design and video editing, MailChimp and WordPress experience are a plus.
- Drive: Ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Create: Graphics, videos, and images that are visually appealing.
- Monitor: Track initiatives in traditional and social media.
- Write: Engaging social media content and concise, but informative, press releases.
- Hustle: Develop target lists. Make things happen.
- Research: Analyze challenges and find opportunities using various resources.
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics.
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with the team.
The PRC, established as the Council of Public Relations Firms in 1998, is the U.S. trade association representing America’s leading communications firms. Its Members are the premier global, mid-size, regional, and specialty firms across every discipline and practice area. PRC’s mission is advance our member firms’ business by advocating for and building the public relations market, cementing its relevance and helping to lead its ongoing evolution. For more information, visit http://prcouncil.net.
If interested in this New York City fall internship, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to Katie Doherty at email@example.com with the subject line: Fall Internship Application.