Looking for a role that combines content creation, social media, analytics, and strategic thinking while doing good in the world? We should talk.
C+C is a “good guy” communications agency with offices in Seattle, Portland, and Boston. We work with clients that positively impact their communities by inspiring people to choose energy-efficient LEDs; opt for sustainable seafood; be safer on the road; take public transit; save water; recycle; compost; protect shorelines; choose a safe sex plan; and carpool, and that’s just some of our work. Our teams work at the local, regional, and national level, helping to develop and promote some of the most innovative and recognizable sustainability efforts in the nation. Along with executing top-notch social marketing and media relations campaigns, we also have expertise in video, creative services, social media, multicultural strategy, content marketing, and branding.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and creative intern to provide support on everything from drafting compelling social media copy to helping scout locations for a video shoot. As an intern on our Content team, you should be passionate about social media, understand how content performs uniquely on each platform, and help us create engaging campaigns for our clients. Previous experience with community management, copywriting, social media strategy, influencer marketing, or digital marketing is highly valued.
This position is open now so please don’t apply if you aren’t available until summer. There will be future internships posted, so keep an eye on our website when the timing is right for you. This is a non-exempt position and pays $15 per hour. You will also be provided an ORCA pass to get you to and from the office on public transit. Our internship is available for 30-40 hours/week. It starts as a three-month position with the potential to extend to six.
As a Social Media and Content intern, you’ll get to experience:
- Social Media Management: Support various internal and client social media handles and develop engaging content
- Writing compelling social posts and curating content for different social channels
- Conducting social media audits, researching digital trends, and analyzing performance of paid social ads
- Researching influencers for an influencer marketing campaign (sometimes this means watching YouTube videos all day)
- Integrated Marketing Campaigns: Work with the C+C team to plan, launch, execute and evaluate multi-channel campaigns across numerous digital platforms.
- Take notes and contribute ideas during a meeting or brainstorm
- Assist in planning, organizing, and producing content (videos, photography, and more)
- Research a variety of topics. Some obscure (i.e., how many lined-up LEDs fit from the office to the Space Needle)
- Various Agency Tasks: Other administrative tasks that come with working at a communications agency.
- Covering the reception desk (you’d be surprised how much you learn when fielding ALL the questions!)
- Running errands for project support (i.e. researching and buying Stranger Things props for our agency holiday party)
- A four-year degree (or pursuing) in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Public Relations, or relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive and forward-thinking approach to their work
- Strong and creative problem solving
- Experience working with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn), including creating content that drives engagement
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience conducting social media reports using platform insights, Google Analytics, and/or third-party analysis software
- Basic understanding of production concepts including the ability to shoot & edit video is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to multi-task and work in a rapidly moving agency environment
- Flexibility to assist wherever needed, whether or not related to content creation
- A sense of humor
- A valid driver’s license (Ability to operate company minivan without causing dents)
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT C+C
You value inclusion and diversity and are open-minded and respectful. You sincerely care about our clients’ issues. You are ego-free. You’re flexible, positive, proactive and results-oriented. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anywhere (yes, even interns!). You have a sense of humor. You’re kind. C+C is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
HOW TO APPLY
Picking up what we're putting down? Please send resume and cover letter to HR@cplusc.com and reference "Social Media Intern" in the subject line. Please include links to your own social media presence (ex. Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and a social media-related project you were involved in. In your cover letter, please include a brief (300 words or less) response to the below:
- What intrigues you about working in social media marketing?
- Describe a project or situation where you worked with someone different than you, and what you learned.